Sunday, August 31, 2014
   
Text Size
Banner

Le Mars Fire Department Conducts Training Exercise

(Le Mars) -- The Le Mars Fire Department had a busy Wednesday evening.  For two hours, the fire department conducted training exercises at 126 4th Avenue Northwest, simulating a house full of smoke and conducting search and rescues.  The training session drew the attention of several neighbors as they watched the fire fighters drop hoses, extend the aerial ladder truck, and enter the house filled with smoke.
Fire Chief Dave Schipper says the first part of the training focused on the first truck to arrive at a scene and the procedures taken by the fire department.

Listen to

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.



Schipper says the second part of the initial training session also involved performing a rescue.

Listen to

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.



The Le Mars Fire Chief says he was pleased with how well the fire fighters responded to the simulated scenarios, and he says having a training sessions like last evening helps the fire crew be better prepared for an actual emergency.

Listen to

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.



After the training session had concluded, the local fire department had to investigate an illegal burning located at the 7 Linden Armel Acres Trailer Court.  The call came in at 9:36 p.m.  Later in the evening, at 1:20 a.m. the fire department responded to a call at 32 Second Avenue SW, where there was a report of the smell of smoke.

Listen to

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.




It was determined an electronic component connected to the television had gotten too warm.  Fire officials were on the scene for about 20 minutes.


 

Search KLEM

Banner

Copyright 2010, Powell Broadcasting, Website developed by iCast Interactive