Tuesday, November 25, 2014
   
Text Size
Banner

Fire Department Respond To Gas Leak

(Le Mars) -- The Le Mars Fire Department was called to 520 2nd Avenue southeast at about 7:35 a.m. Friday morning for a gas leak. Apparently, the residents of the household had poured some concrete for a new sidewalk when a stake that was hammered into the ground and used to hold the forms had punctured the gas line creating the leak.  The gas leak occurred when the residents were removing the stakes.  Fire officials evaculated the home.  MidAmerican Energy officials arrived on the scene to fix the gas leak.  Fire officials were on the scene for nearly an hour.

Search KLEM

Banner

Copyright 2010, Powell Broadcasting, Website developed by iCast Interactive