Wednesday News, March 25
Neunaber To Have Hearing On Friday To Suppress Evidence
(Le Mars) -- A court hearing will be held Friday in the case of an Akron, Iowa man charged with first degree murder in the death of his mother. A hearing in the case of 45 year old Jonathon Neunaber will be held Friday Plymouth County District Court. Court documents filed Neunaber's attorney claim that the suspect did not have legal counsel when he was arrested and interviewed by authorities in Wisconsin last year. Neunaber's attorney wants statements made and evidence taken in Wisconsin thrown out of the case. A hearing on the motion to suppress will take place at 11:15 a.m. in Le Mars before Judge Steven Andreasen.
Traffic Stop Results In Arrest For Possession of Marijuana
(Le Mars) -- A traffic stop on South Ridge Road Saturday afternoon has resulted in a man being charged with possession of marijuana. 32 year old Charles Gordon of Sioux City was placed under arrest for a second offense. He was transported to the Plymouth County jail.
Linseed Oil Soaked Rags Responsible For Orange City House Fire
(Orange City) -- More information is now known relating to the Orange City home that caught on fire Saturday evening. The fire was determined to be accidential in origin. Fire officials believe the most probable cause of the fire was the result of spontaeeous combustion due to unattended linseed oil rags left in a bucket near the rear of the residence. The fire then spread from the rags, igniting the back of the home, up toward the roof area. The ranch style home located at 303 Kentucky Avenue Northwest sustained an estimated $150,000 in damages.
Sioux City Apartment Complex Is Reg-tagged Forcing Residents To Seek Other Housing
(Sioux City) -- 22 people are temporarily homeless in Sioux City after the city red tagged the Jackson Manor Apartments located at 1700 Jackson Street. A statement from the city says the building was deemed unsafe for occupancy following an inspection by the fire department. Major Von Vandiver of the Salvation Army says residents had complained about safety issues with the building.
Twelve of the 40 apartments in the building were occupied by 19 adults and three children. Major Vandiver says the Salvation Army is assisting those residents.